Saturday, March 1, 2008

Baseball Season is fast approaching

Since today is March 1 there are less than 30 days until opening day of the 2008 MLB season. This should be a good season, the Yankees have a good young pitching staff and a very good lineup. I, however, do not think that they will win the AL East. In a year or two I think the pitching staff will come into its own and the Yankees will assume their rightful place - a top the AL East and all of MLB. I think that the Red Sox will be in the WS at least (as much as it pains me to admit that).

My choices for AL and NL Cy Young are:

AL: Josh Becket (he should have won last year)

NL: Johan Santana.

My picks for the the winners of the four playoff spots in each league are:

AL East Red Sox; AL Central Detroit; AL West Angels; AL Wild Card Yankees

NL East Mets; NL Central Milwaukee; NL West Arizona; NL Wild Card Philadelphia.

No comments: